Durga Puja is a holy puja or a hindu ritual carried out during the nine-days Navratri festival. The festival is celebrated across Indian with different regions celebrating with different rituals. The nine-days festival praises the nine different forms of durga on each of the day. The festival is also known for its very own dance form known as dandiya or garba which is from gujrat, done with great enthusiasm amongst youngsters. The festival is also known for the kumkum played in bengal in the durga pandals. A great number of people offer fasting during these holy ten-days festival. The eighth day is celebrated as the Maha-ashtmi and the tenth day is celebrated as Dussherra, the victory of Lord Ram over Ravana.
And here are the obsessions related towards the holy festival of durga puja :
2. The Donations for the puja pandals
3. Trip to Kumartuli is a must, if you are from Kolkata
4. Statuses and festivals have a strong connection
5. Welcoming the goddess
6. Lights and fancy stuffs all over the city
7. And those magical views
8. Some of the display work are so unique
9. Decorative pandals are of great attraction
10. Nights of this ten-days festival is another great enthusiasm
11. Guys and girls perform a great way to impress one another
12. Beats of the dhols takes you in another world
13. Confusion of what to wear
14. Then comes your performance
15. Festive food is so delicious
16. Reactions when the bhog is served
17. Yeah.. Time to reunite
18. Ohh yeah.. that family time too.
19. Heavy traffic all over the city.. which route to take
20. Individual hopes to find some match
21. And then finally when they meet someone..
22. Bidding farewell to the goddess.
23. Hoping to welcome the goddess next year back