Russell Edward Brand is an actor, radio host, author, activist and one hell of a comedian. He is full of wit. He started his career as a stand-up comedian. Later on he became an MTV presenter. He started his tenure as a presenter by a big show. He struck gold in the beginning only. He achieved notoriety in 2004 as host of Big Brother’s Big Mouth. It was a big shot for this man and then there is no stopping him. Brand has also been controversy’s child. He has depicted various controversial characters and this has led to several problems for him.
In 2015, a biographical documentary on him named Brand: A Second coming was released. He is a multitasking man and is also multi talented. Doing too many things with controversy surrounding you is not easy.
Take a look at some funny moments of Russell Brand that will make you laugh very hard.
1. Russell kicked off the political discourse with an orgy joke. All the people would be going crazy over it.
2. That moment when he was interviewing Timothy Phelps and Steve Drain of Westboro Baptist Church. The tone in the background and the sign board were awkward.
3. When he said, “What kind of public figure would allow his trousers or haircut to be most famous thing about them. Ludicrous!”. He is a funny guy.
4. The day after 9/11 attacks in 2001, he turned up dressed as Osama Bin Laden. He was a presenter for MTV then.
5. When he was with Chelsea Handler, the comic timing on both the sides was great. This was bound to happen.
6. During a debate related to the superiority among men and women and Russell pulled another rabbit out of the box. He said that women in workplace would be sexy.
7. Morning Joe ‘anchor’ Mika Brzezinski said that she did not know about Brand. He took a dig at her too.
8. He had some fun with Jeremy Paxman. He talked on fame, cultural narratives, addiction.
9. Once he read pornographic material on air during a Sunday afternoon show. This landed him in a controversy.
10. He even found Vladimir Putin ‘unsuitable for tea with grandmother’. He is such a daring man.
11. He had fun even during interview with New York Times. He manages both comedy and thoughtfulness in an enlightening impromptu performance.
12. “It’s no wonder Bob Geldof knows so much about famine – he’s been dining out on I Don’t Like Mondays for 30 years,”. He replied this to Bob who insulted him.
13. He intervened in Iran getting Pantomime boos from the audience. That was to funny.
14. He entered in slow motion to a visibly nervous Ellen Degeneres. What followed was extraordinary.
15. During MTV music video award, he did something unexpected. He called the then US President “that retard and cowboy fella”.
16. At that same time, he also spoke of Britney Spears’ resurrection. He also added: “If there was a female Christ, it’s Britney.”
17. In a recent interview that went viral, he disarms Newsnight anchor Jeremy Paxman in a hilarious way. That was wonderful.
18. He stripped naked while the may day protests got MTV. This drew a lot of criticism.
19. During the evening Brand poked fun at Robbie Williams and the Queen and when announcing the award. That was certainly a crazy act that too while hosting the Brits.
20. He was brought a prostitute when he was 16. He says that he poked some fun there as well.
Russell Brand is an amazing personality. He is an infamous actor who draws criticism from everywhere.