Featured Image via
Ferrari S.p.A. is an Italian sports car manufacturer that was founded by Enzo Ferrari based in Maranello. When he formed Scuderia Ferrari in 1929 with headquarters in Modena, Enzo Ferrari was not initially interested in the idea of producing road cars. Scuderia Ferrari means “Ferrari Stable” and usually means “Team Ferrari.” Ferrari bought, prepared and fielded Alfa Romeo racing cars. In 1938, Alfa Romeo brought its racing operation in-house, forming Alfa Corse in Milano and hired Enzo Ferrari as manager of the new racing department. Enzo Ferrari left Alfa Romeo after one year, under the provision that he would not use the Ferrari name in association with races or racing cars for some years. A few days later, he founded Auto Avio Costruzioni. The new company built its first car in 1940. But the company’s inception as an auto manufacturer is usually recognized in 1947, when the first Ferrari-badged car was completed.
Here are some of the facts about Ferrari!
1. Enzo Ferrari had a burning passion to build something extraordinary since he was 10 years old.
2. The Ferrari logo came from a World War 1 Italian pilot, Francesco Barraca. When he died, his mother told him to put the logo on his cars for good luck.
3. Enzo always believed that competitions bring out the best in people, so he was a big fan of competitions.
4. Ferrari 250 GTO is one of the most expensive car and sold for the amount of $38 million.
5. In 1988, Enzo Ferrari passed away while he was sleeping. He was 90 years old at that time.
6. Now the president of the company is Luca di Montezemolo who was Ferrari’s personal assistant.
7. You can rent Ferrari for 25,000 rubles per day at Penguin Auto, if you can’t afford to buy it.
8. In 2010, they scored only eight points. That was the most tragic F1 season for Ferrari.
9. Ferrari made its first street car when their factories were bombed and they were forced to create a revenue generator.
10. In 1961, the company was in crisis due to some disagreement between Enzo and his managers.
11. Ford once tried to buy Ferrari from Enzo but the action didn’t go well so a grudge started between them.
12. When Lamborghini purchased a Ferrari for the first time, he was disappointed by their services and a big competition between Ferrari and Lamborghini started.
13. “Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines”. This is what Ferrari once said but that is funny because his last car, F40, is the most aerodynamic car!
14. Enzo used to wear sunglasses even when he was interviewed indoor and cultivated an enigmatic image.
15. Enzo’s mother died in 1965 after she chocked with a boiled egg. His mother and his wife didn’t like each other.
16. Ferrari 400GT was their first car that had an automatic gear box and was liked by a lot of people.
17. The most powerful car made by the company was Ferrari Enzo. It produces 660 horsepower.
18. In 1919, Enzo and his friend Ugo Sivocci were trapped in a deep snow and were attacked by wolves. But Enzo managed to scare them away.
19. The classic Ferrari red color was not the company’s choice. Now it comes in colors ranging from bright yellow to soft metallic grey.