Mercedes Benz is a global automobile manufacturer and is known for luxury vehicles, buses, coaches, and trucks. It is a division of the German company Daimler AG. The headquarters of Mercedes Benz is in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The slogan is “The best or nothing”. It is one of the most recognized automotive brands worldwide. In 2007, the company got 5th place in Quality Ranking and in 2008, it jumped to 4th place Quality Ranking. A 2014 survey showed Mercedes have the lowest vehicle rate.
Mercedes Benz also introduced three new bicycles in 2005. It took part in the world championship in 1954 and 1955, but despite being successful, the company left the sport after just two seasons. Some of the technology innovations introduced on Mercedes Benz Automobiles includes the internal combustion engine, traction control system, 7-G Tronic, M133 engine, pre-safe system, electronic stability program, variable geometry turbocharger and pre-tensioners to seat belts.
1. Karl Benz developed the first ever gasoline-powered car. Today his legacy lives on as Mercedes-Benz, the world’s favorite luxury car!
2. Karl Benz unveiled the Benz-Patent Motorwagen in 1886. Benz’ wife, Bertha, financed the project
3. In 1936, 260D was manufactured by Mercedes Benz. The vehicle was the first ever diesel-engine passenger car
4. Mercedes engine i.e. 3 M-100 6.9 and 6.3V8 is hand built and goes through a testing process for over four hours
5. Every Mercedes 500E is also hand built and took complete 18 days to manufacture.
6. Mercedes-Benz parts are welded in 10,000 places. It has a longer life of use.
7. Its soft seats are designed with the help of orthopedic physicians so that they support kidney, back, and knee-joint areas.
8. Mercedes-Benz joined the German Touring Car Masters in 1988, their cars have won the most times.
9. The Mercedes SLS AMG is made up of 5,861 parts. Two of which are explosive capsules used to bomb out the side doors in the casual event.
10. Even the smallest Mercedes from inside is bigger than the largest sedans on the market.
11. The spread open doors of an SLS AMG Mercedes are equivalent to that of a full-grown sea eagle!
12. The Sound System in the Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG car has more power than 20 standard home stereo systems.
13. Every Mercedes is first drowned in a 52-ton primer and then given four coats. After that, the final coat is applied by hand with a salt-resistant material.
14. The Fin tail development lessens the fatality of car accidents by allowing for a certain amount of energy absorption in the front end of the car.
15. It has built-in shock absorber that is able to cushion road bumps before they can affect your hands.
16. Their ventilation systems scoop clean air through a hood in the front of the car and recycle stale air out of ducts in the back, allowing for continuous fresh air inside the cabin
17. Mercedes AMG follows “One Man, One Engine” philosophy which means that the engine maker attaches a plaque engraved with his signature onto the engine cover
18. The official sponsor and transportation provider of the German National Soccer Team is the Mercedes Benz!