In spite of growing inflation rates clubbed with an upsurge in health maintenance cost, more than half of the Indians are yet to opt for mediclaim. You need to be protected against those hospitalization expenses. It is shocking. A developing country like ours, how can people be ignorant about things like these. This is not going to help in any way. Having a mediclaim is the need of the hour. You need to plan for the sudden financial expenses which can come to your way due to immediate hospitalization and sudden illness.
You don’t want to spend lot of money on any of such things. But, these things come your way without any notices.
So why is it important to invest in a mediclaim policy? You will find your answer as you go through the points below.
1. It comes to your rescue during an accident or ailment. It covers your costs of your treatment.
2. They may in addition provide assistance in availing emergency services and local ambulance services. It however needs hospitalization for at least one day to become effective.
3. It can be renewed annually. Some offer renewal after 2 to 3 years.
4. You can opt for it individually or a family plan. Extra advantage.
5. It doesn’t give monetary returns. But it gives you health benefits.
6. The minimum age of this is 5 and the maximum is 60. So you can start as early as you want.
7. Certain pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization charges are reimbursed. The amount may be small but it is of great help.
8. The premiums rise as you grow older. But you tend to fall ill as well.
9. It leaves a backup for you. It is a great help during the old age.
10. You get a tax benefit of the premium. It is in accordance to section 80D.
11. Most providers spare medical test upto 45 years. They make payment to the hospitals directly.
12. A family floater covers all the members. It is, typically, with spouse and children.
13. You can live with peace while you are under cover. It gives you a sense of freedom.
14. It can help you in kicking obstacles that come your way. You can easily get quality medical treatment.
15. Many policies give a co-payment clause. It can range between 10% to 30%. But still it is good.
16. The policies cover a wide range of hospitals. You can find a good hospital nearby easily.
17. It is good for those people who can’t afford those skyrocketing prices. It is great to have.
18. Even if you are earning well, you still have responsibilities. So, you can prevent the problems you might face in the near future by having a mediclaim.