We all have a friend who is perfect at everything they do. You want to admire them but it soon transforms into envy.
Natalie Portman is the living example of such people. She is one of the most inspiring celebrity in the world. She was born on June 9, 1981 in the capital of Israel, Jerusalem. Her Wikipedia page tells us that she is an actress, director and producer but she is much more than that. She is one of the most accomplished women who is known for living a low profile life and indulge in humanitarian causes. She is not just a successful and talented actress. But also a highly educated and a well informed women.
I hope these facts will surprise you just like they did to me and you will definitely wonder whether she personifies the word perfect.
1. She started taking ballet lesson at the age of 4 and her husband too is a professional Ballet dancer.
2. She is the only daughter of Israeli gynecologist Avner Hershlag and an American homemaker Shelley, who is also her agent.
3. She debuted in Leon: The Professional at the minor age of thirteen. And got a lot of critical acclaim.
4. She missed the premier of her film Stars Wars: Episode 1 to study for her high school exams. What is your excuse?
5. She did not limit her academic aspirations for Hollywood and even graduated in a degree in psychology.
6. She knows French, Arabic, German, Hebrew. Because being a movie star and a scholar isn’t enough.
7. In Harvard, she co-authored two research papers that were published in science journals.
8. She became vegetarian at the age of 8 after reading a book and has been a devoted to vegan life and has launched a brand of vegan footwear.
9. She served as the youngest jury member of the 61st Cannes Film Festival in may 2008.
10. In the same festival she directed a segment of collective films : New York, I Love You and her first feature film: A tale of love and darkness was released last year.
11. She has travelled to Rwanda to film the documentary Gorillas on the Brink. She is also a member of one voice moment.
12. Her early dance lesson came to work in the movie Black Swan. But she had suffered many injuries while filming it especially the blow to her ribs.
13. She auditioned for the role of Juliet in the movie Romeo+ Juliet opposite Leonardo Dicaprio which later went to Claire Danes.
14. Despite being a Hollywood actress she lives far from the shutterbugs in Paris with her husband and her son.
15. She does not watch television. Although she likes crockery shows, she prefers to watch them on her laptop. She is not a very big fan of the idiot box.
16. She holds dual citizenship of both America and Israel. She lost her paternal grandparents in holocaust.
17. Natalie Portman has an IQ of 140. At this point of time this fact does not surprise me at all.
Featured Image via