Narendra Modi is the 14th and the current prime minister of India. He is a leader of Bharatiya Janta Party and won the Lok Sabha election from Varanasi.
He full name is Narendra Damodardas Modi and his birth place is in Vadnagar, Mehsana-district, Gujarat. He was born on 17th september 1950.
He is the third child of the Damodardas Modi and Heeraben Modi. Narendra Modi’s family belongs to a Modh-Ghanchi-Teli community which is categorised as Other Backward Class by the Indian Government. Narendra Modi recieved a degree in the political science through distance learning from the Delhi university and a degree in Master of Arts in political science from Gujarat University.
1. Modi was a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
2. Modi is the most-followed Asian leader on Twitter and he constantly tweets and checks his Facebook account.
3. He is among the 4 personaliies whom Japanese PM Shinzo Abe follows on theTwitter.
4. Modi does not drink alcohol, does not smoke and is completely vegetarian.
5. Modi writes poem in Gujarati language and some them have been published.
6. During Indo-Pak war in 1965, he served as a volunter.
7. Narendra Modi got married when he attained his 18 years.
8. Modi wakes up at 5.30 am and sleeps only for 5 hours.
9. Modi wear cloths only from Jade Blue which is Ahmedabad based Textile Company.
10. Modi has done course in US on public relation and image management for 3 months .
11. Modi in his teenage years went to Himalayas and stayed there for 2 years with Yogi Sadhu.
12. Modi used to sell tea for earning his livelihood.
13. Modi even performed in a drama meant for a fundraiser as a teenager.
14. Modi is always well dressed and his clothes do not have any crease.
15. Modi is very particular in matters of cleanliness and maintains the neatness of his office. The ‘Swach Bharat’ mission is one such initiative spurred by Modi to make India clean.
Featured Image via