A periscope consists of a tube attached to mirrors or prisms by which an observer see things that are out of sight. Today, it’s no more just an apparatus but the live streaming video mobile app where you will be talking in front of a live audience!It lets you explore the world through live streaming. You will be seeing a breaking news from all over the world, visiting new places, meeting people and sharing your own interests with them. This app was discovered by KayvonBeykpour and Joe Bernstein while traveling abroad in 2013. Protests broke out in Taksim Square and Beykpour wanted to see that but he was in Istanbul. So he could only read about it. They first started the company under the name Bounty in 2014. Periscope was acquired by Twitter in Jan, 2015 before it was publicly launched. It got launched in March, 2015.
Let’s know some of the cool features of Periscope!
1. For making broadcast more easier, Twitter has added a button to Periscope
2. Periscope introduced a new comment moderation tool in which the viewers will vote on whether the comment qualifies as spam or abuse
3. Update to Periscope has saving broadcasts permanently by default. Though it can be deleted manually
4. Now it also supports live streaming from your GoPro. This app for iPhone has been updated
5. Periscope for iPad and iPhone has been updated to 1.3 version. It has a number of improvements including 3D Touch Support
6. It doesn’t only allow portrait broadcast but also supports landscape broadcast
7. Handoff support is another cool feature which means that you can start watching a broadcast on one device and transition to watching it on another
8. Users can mute notifications from specific users in Periscope. Users will find a toggle for turning them off next to the “Following” button by other users.
9. You can select specific people to invite to your stream by tapping the lock icon before you start
10. Replay Highlights create a short trailer for each replay. This will give you a good idea of what to expect from a replay before diving in for more.
11. Another latest update to Periscope is the flipping between front and rear facing camera much smoother.
12. You can find your friends and relatives on your phone’s address book who are using Periscope. So sync your address book now!
13. According to Periscope, “autoplay” will be the upcoming feature that will start playing videos without sound as you scroll through feed.
14. Periscope lets you both broadcast and watch real-time videos from your iPhone.
15. Your followers can send you hearts for liking your broadcasts!